SPENCE BROTHERS CAREERS
Come work with us!
We are always looking for great people!
Our culture at Spence Brothers is made up of simple ideals that reflect the ongoing efforts and pride we take in creating buildings with purpose. We look for great people driven to help organizations and our communities thrive. From the front desk to the corner office, we see ourselves as stakeholders in every project’s success as well as every relationship’s success.
Working here requires great dedication, thought and execution to keep our construction engine running smoothly and safely – and our track record is outstanding for bringing on the best talent to contribute to Spence Brothers’ mission and values as we continue to grow as a company.
If you have the passion, drive and attitude it takes to support our legacy of construction excellence, check out the job openings below or submit your resume for general consideration.
Teamwork and communication. These are the best things Spence Brothers bring to the job site. Running a smooth project saves time and money!
At Spence Brothers, I have the opportunity to work with hard-working people who know construction and are dedicated to building high-quality projects with communities, owners, architects, and subcontractors.
Don’t see an opening in your field? make a general submission!
We are always searching for those who can contribute to our company’s success. Submit your resume below and let us know how you’re interested!
Spence Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current job openings
Estimator | Saginaw
Spence Brothers, a General Contractor and Construction Manager, is looking to fill a position for a Construction Estimator. One position is with our Great Lakes Bay Region Office, located in Saginaw, Michigan. There are a variety of tasks, as well as a variety of skills necessary to be successful in this important role within our company.
- Prepare preconstruction estimates for projects in planning phases.
- Prepare hard bid general contract bids.
- Prepare concrete and general trades packages.
- Assist corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to bid.
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and project partners.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Assist with the preparation of facility studies.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 5 +years of commercial construction experience with an emphasis in estimating.
- Four-year degree in an engineering or construction related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with industry standard scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, etc)
- Local experience and contractor knowledge.
- Strong negotiation & dispute resolution skills required.
- Can do / will do attitude.
- The candidate must display strong communication and organization skills
Apply to this position
Field Superintendent | Saginaw
Spence Brothers, a General Contractor and Construction Manager, is looking to fill a Field Superintendent position to service our Great Lakes Bay market based in our Saginaw office. There are a variety of tasks, as well as a variety of skills necessary to be successful in this important role within our company.
- Produce and manage project schedules.
- Coordinate construction tasks for General Contracting project deliveries.
- Manage and coordinate manpower for self-performed and subcontracted trade work.
- Enforcement of Corporate Safety Policies.
- Generate and Track RFI’s.
- Oversee Quality Control.
- Maintain Project As-Builts.
- Reports Directly to General Jobsite Superintendent.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 5-10 years of experience in supervising Commercial Construction.
- Proficiency in understanding building plans, specifications, and contractor scopes of work.
- Familiarity with MS Project and Excel.
- OSHA 30 Hour Training.
- Familiarity with concrete formwork systems.
- Carpentry experience related to concrete forming and general trade work.
- Self-starter characteristics with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team player qualities.