the Project stats
WORK / HEAL
the Project study
“By updating our surgical services infrastructure, our facilities are better equipped for more innovative procedures, which are designed to result in better patient outcomes, shorter hospital stays, and less risk of complications,” said Marita Hattern-Schiffman, FACHE, CPMSM, President of MyMichigan Medical Center in Alma, Clare, & Mt. Pleasant. Major features include:
– Three large surgery suites equipped with the latest technology
– Two procedure rooms
– Private pre-operative and recovery rooms
– State-of-the-art sterile processing area in close proximity to the OR, providing optimal surgical conditions with storage and transportation of sterile surgical supplies
– Fully equipped post-anesthesia care unit (PACU)
– Space for larger teams and the latest innovative surgical procedures, meeting modern best-practice standards
– Improved design for human surgical workflow processes
– Advanced electronic systems providing surgeons access to test results and other critical information
– Sophisticated HVAC ventilation systems and dedicated structures to manage hazardous waste materials
An addition will house the new surgery suites and sterile processing area. Existing spaces will be remodeled once the addition is operational. Demolition and renovations will be phased to keep adjacent departments fully operational.
A new entrance will also be constructed to improve way finding and provide easier access to the building.